Banking Regulatory Issues
We use the advantage of our in-depth Ukrainian banking law knowledge to effectively advise on a wide range of banking regulatory issues. Many of our Banking & Finance team lawyers acted as leading legal counsels for major Ukrainian and foreign banks prior to joining us.
Our legal services in the area of Banking Regulatory Issues include:
- Advising on setting up a Ukrainian bank and establishing legal in-house expertise;
- Assisting in obtaining licenses from the respective regulators for newly created banks or extension licenses of well - established banks;
- Advising on and assisting in obtaining the NBU licenses for making investments, as well as licenses for making other payments abroad, where required under the currency control regulations;
- Counseling on various issues of capital increase including increase through borrowings of subordinated loans from Ukrainian residents and non – residents as well as receipt of the NBU approval of subordinated loan agreement;
- Advising on payment systems registration with the NBU.
Debt Capital Markets
- Domestic (Covered and Corporate) Bonds Issue
- Eurobonds Issue
- Export Finance
- Lending (Bilateral and Syndicated)
- Project Finance
- Trade Finance
Equity Capital Markets
- Initial Public Offering (including GDR and ADR)
- Mergers & Acquisitions in the Financial Sector
- Private Placement
Financial Regulatory Issues
We advise on a full range of financial regulatory issues:
- Setting-up financial institutions, including insurance companies, leasing companies, investment funds, non-governmental pension funds and establishing legal in-house expertise therein;
- Advising on the licensing requirements;
- Assistance in obtaining licenses necessary for performance of financial institutions’ core activity;
- Full legal support of financial institutions’ business activity, including representation of their interest towards the regulators and in relationships with clients.
Real Estate Construction Financing
We are market-recognized experts in the area of real estate construction financing. Our lawyers have significant experience in elaborating and implementing various real estate construction financing schemes and structures, including establishment of cooperation agreements with banks and financial institutions.
Bringing together our market knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework, we commit to provide our clients with a comprehensive legal advice on:
- Elaborating and implementing complex construction financing structures with innovative methods, including:
- Interest -free (special purpose) bonds issue;
- Construction financing funds;
- Real estate operations funds;
- Joint investment institutions;
- Alternative construction financing structures (options, REPO transactions, credit - deposit schemes, etc.);
- Tax efficiency of real estate construction financing schemes;
- Overall legal support of securities’ (bonds, certificates) emissions, including drafting emission prospecta and performance of securities’ emissions registration in the State Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine, drafting and negotiating underwriting agreements, as well as counseling on securities’ initial and secondary placement;
- Drafting legal documentation required for implementing construction financing schemes, including funds’ regulations, set of template agreements for sales, options and REPO agreements, etc.;
- Drafting and negotiating framework cooperation agreements with banks, as well as preparing legal opinions on construction financing matters;
- Full post-transactional support.